“Very often poetry can help us find the vocabulary for something that otherwise would have turned into muteness, which would torment us being left unsaid, unspoken, and turn against ourselves without seeing any expression. This project is a collaboration between The Voice of Russian and ROAR // Russian Oppositional Arts Review. By creating it we hope to help people to find this kind of language to speak of the war that Russia has started against Ukraine – through reading and listening to poetry, through the vocabulary of the verses.
We are very grateful to everyone who finds it possible to take part in. Thank you!”
Linor Goralik, ROAR creator & editor
- You can choose any favourite poem or a poem on ROAR The Russian Oppositional Arts Review website.
- You can record your video anonymously. If you don’t want to show your face on the video, you are welcome to use a slideshow or any other video footage. Please ensure that the materials are free of copyright or that the copyright holder is in agreement.
- You are welcome to use music, but please ensure that the materials are free of copyright or that the copyright holder is in agreement.
- You can record an amateur or a professional video. Please only use one poem per clip, the length of the clip should not exceed 5 minutes.
- If you are recording your video on your phone, please hold it horizontally and ensure good lighting and sound quality. Also, take into account the environment where you are making your recording.
- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that every single video will be published but we will endeavour to publish all of the videos that meet the standards above.
Best of luck!